1. My name____George
3. Is George from England?____
A. Yes, he's
B. Yes, he is
C. Yes, he's from
4. George _____in London
C. does live
5. George _____40 years old
6. ______ old is George?
A. How lives
C. How many years
7. George works_____London
8. George works_____the BBC
9. George_____married to Martha.
10. They _____three children. Two boys and a girl.
11. George____drive a car.
12. George____to Cambridge Unversity
13. George works from 9 am to 5 pm but he_____a break ar 1:30pm to eat lunch.
14. Martha likes cats_____she hasn't got one.
15. George and Martha's houes is_____a big park
A. next to
C. in front
16. George and his sons like_____football in the park.
17. In George and Martha's house there are_____of books.
A. very much
18. George's daughter Karen has a_____job as a waitress on Saturdays and Sundays.
A. part time
B. full time
C. weekend time
19. In the restaurant, Karen has to_____the customers and take them to a table.
20. The customers_____Karen what they want to eat and Karen writes their order down.
21. Because Karen works at the restaurant she doesn't have to_____for lunch.
22. Karen can_____any extra money the customers leave on the table.
23. After she finishes school, Karen____study restaurant management at university.
A. likes to
C. is going to
24. In the future, Karen_____to have her own restaurant in London.
25. Oh no! I can't see my car. I think it_____stolen.
A. was been
B. must been
C. is been
D. has been
26. Can I_____twenty dollars until next Monday?
27. Martha looks quite ill; George thinks she____to visit a doctor.
28. Please do not drop_____in the car park.
29. George's old job didn't_____as much money as the job he has now.
30. George and Martha'shouse is quite small so they have a limited_____of space for all their books.
31. We sat at the back of the theatre but we could still_____the actors clearly.
D. look at
32. Karen's will soon move into her own flat. It____redecorated at the moment.
A. is having
B. is being
C. has been
D. is going
33. Excuse me? How much will you_____to repair this watch?
34. Martha_____with George because he forgot her birthday.
A. made up
B. gave up
C. feil out
D. got off
35. People who are worried about what they eat often buy_____food.
36. The police dropped the case because they had insufficient_____to prosecute George.
37. George has taken____a new hobby - mountain climbing. Martha thinks this is stupid.
38. George's father, Albert, was a mountain climber, too - it's a family____
39. George's brother, Alan, earns a____as a fashion designer.
40. Alan and his partner Rupert often____to tropical countries in the winter.
41. Alan and Rupert____a successful design business.
42. alan and Rupert do not live in the city centre; they live in a quiet, leafy, residential____
43. Certain medicines can now help to____the lives of the elderly; Albert, for example.
44. Martha is so____to criticism that you can't say anything to her!
45. George and Martha's house is in a very___location - close to the shops and to public amenities.
46. George hasn't yet____ all his ambitions. It is now unlikely he ever will. Martha feels let down.
47. George has____no free-time at the moment - he is working too hard. He is not happy.
48. Karen would like to____ her job for another one. This is unlike to happen.
The form was sent successfully.
An error occured.